From my comments section:

“Your post has left a really bad taste in my mouth. You strike me as a guy who went looking for something to feign outrage over, and ingratiate yourself to the Gails and Leas.”
- Name: Jim | E-mail: pppzone@gmail.com | IP: 66.73.48.200

Hey Jim? I’m already friends with Lea Hernandez. And guess what? Gail and I shared a drink on Saturday night.

We’re coming to get you.

- Christopher

15 Comments on “Feminist Conspiracy Theory”

1. TonPo says:

Wow. I didn’t originally think much of this guy’s comment until I read his follow-up comment. What a prick.

2. Dorian says:

Ah, teasing the trolls…one of the lesser benefits of writing a blog.

3. Zeb Aslam says:

Admittedly that guy is a prick. But c’mon…its not ethical to print his e-mail address without his permission. I mean the comment field says the email address would not be published.

Just playing the devil’s advocate.

4. Lea says:

Word.
    Jim, Chris knows how to ingratiate himself genuinely. That’s why he wins with the ladies.

5. Chris says:

Zeb- If I go over to your house because you’re having a party, there’s a pretty implicit understanding that you won’t punch me in the face. But if I come into your house and then call your girlfriend a whore, and piss on your couch? I’m not going to hold you to not punching me in the face.

6. markus says:

Certainly not, but it’s what makes you a better person than the couchpisser.

7. Tom Spurgeon says:

1. I’m so not inviting you to any parties.

2. Can’t you and Gail afford drinks of your own?

8. Chris says:

1. I kind of just show up uninvited anyway.

2. Well, Gail can. But Comics Blogging is apparently only worth about 90 cents a day…

9. Bob says:

Wow, it took you a whole day to figure out a comeback? Sad.

10. Gail says:

Wow, that comment is just insulting to everyone mentioned.

Yikes.

First, I can’t believe it has to be repeated, but neither feminism nor the contingent of female comics professionals represent a hive-mind, and to my knowledge, we don’t go around bestowing brownie points to those who take offense for their own reasons.

Second, holy crap, does anyone who knows Chris at ALL believe he would post something other than his honest feelings on any topic? Have you read his writings at all?

And third, Lea seems only mildly annoyed by this cover, while I have actually defended it. That’s three people who (hopefully) all respect each other’s opinions who came to different conclusions completely, as adults often do.

I have to say I think you missed the mark by a huge margin, Jim.

And finally, I don’t drink alcohol so my bar bill is usually negligable.

Gail

11. universalperson says:

I am fully convinced that there is a MALE hive-mind which reacts to things like this in the same way.

I mean, just check WFA. A lot of the posts are just the same misogynist trash.

12. Jim says:

Chris, did you really post my e-mail after your site advised it would not? And by “coming to get” me, are you threatening me with violence?

I’m very disappointed. You have proven yourself to be extremely uncouth. You rail against Marvel’s mysogyny, yet you reveal yourself to be without any morals when it comes to publishing my e-mail and IP address.

Over a comic book cover.

I hope you rethink your stance and remove it. I will bounce these developments off of some friends of mine who have legal training, next time I see them.

Again, extremely disappointed. I hope these are not your true colors.

Jim

13. Chris says:

The threat only exists in the same plase as the mysoginist cabal that you described earlier: your mind. And it’s a sad place indeed

But please, by all means, do let me know what your ‘friends with legal training’ have to say, I’m dying to know.

- Christopher

14. Jim says:

They are advising me to get in touch with your internet provider.

15. Chris says:

Jim- I honestly think that holding you responsible for your conspiracy-laden borderline hate-speech is, you know, totally in the clear, regardless of “will not be published”. But if you feel that strongly about your right to privacy when accusing women (and me) of being out to destroy your right to be a nerd, then by all means, do whatcha gotta do. I’m much more inclined to listen to what my “internet provider” says than whatever you think you and your friends are.